Heels, hats and hooves.
These will the order of the day tomorrow when the Fashions In The Field show rides into town on the back of the annual Bayleys International Raceday.
The day of racing action at Tauranga's Gate Pa racecourse includes three feature races, with the Japan Trophy a highlight.
Off track it will be all eyes on the popular Fashions In The Field with the best dressed contestant winning a P&O; cruise.
Don Paterson, Thoroughbred Racing Action Consortium (Trac) marketing and sponsorship manager, promised an exciting day.
"The Bayleys International Raceday is looked upon as Tauranga's version of the Melbourne Cup. It's the day you get your glad rags on and have a good day in the sun, hopefully.
"If it's a fine day it'll be packed [at the racecourse]. You'll be looking at 8000 people," he said.
There are two cruise prizes up for grabs - one for the best dressed in the competition, the other for the general public.
Racegoers can pick up a form from event sponsor Travelcom's offices and take it to the races for a chance to win.
The fashion show has three categories: the Augustine International Women's High Fashion, for ladies 18 and older; the Augustine International Women's Classic Racewear, for ladies 35 and older; and the Robertson's Menswear Classic for men over 18.
10 tips for looking good on race day
- Wear what you love and you will be more confident.
- Try to stay away from black unless it has some detail.
- Dressing for the races is all about the accessories. Wear a hat, stockings, have a clutch, wear earrings, have your nails done.
- Wear heels and make a statement.
- No fascinators.
- Get your hair and makeup done professionally.
- Wear a jumpsuit.
- Take a picnic hamper and fill it with champagne, cheese, bread and crackers.
- Hydrate by alternating between water and wine - or at least have one water.
- Make sure you know everything about the day - where to enter, what time, where to be and when, so you don't get frazzled. Most of all have fun and enjoy the day.
- Sisters Boutique director Rodelle Payne and manager Ang Hilhorst.
Bayleys International Raceday
- First Race: about 12.15pm
- Last Race: about 6pm
- Total Races: 10
- Gates Open: 9.30am
- Admission: Adults $10, Under 18s are free
- BYO alcohol limits apply: one bottle of wine or half-dozen beer (stubbies) per adult of legal drinking age.