Two separate fires involving heaters have sparked a warning from Tauranga firefighters for more care with winter heating. On Monday, a child pulled drapes over an LPG heater at a home in Darraghs Rd. The drapes ignited, producing intense heat and filling the house with thick black smoke. In another incident on Monday, a water-heating wrap around a Kent log fire burst into flames. Firefighters extinguished the fames and ventilated the Merivale home. Senior firefighters cautioned people not to put combustible materials within a metre of heaters and open fires.